Last week I had the pleasure of visiting the new MAC Pro Store on Powell Street, in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square shopping district. MAC Senior Artist Victor Cembellin hooked me up with a mini makeover to update my look for spring. We talked spring makeup trends as he worked some magic on my face. Victor used a combo of MAC faves (including an old favorite of mine, Bamboo eyeshadow), as well as some beauties from the new spring 2014 Fantasy of Flowers collection. (The full product list can be found below.) My look was based around a stunning lilac eye shadow, the "color of the season" as Victor described. Along with this beautiful lilac hue, he said that cream blush and mineralize lipstick would be key updates for spring.
Here are some other great makeup tips for spring (and beyond) from Victor:
- "For spring, everything has an authenticity bringing light to the skin."
- "For easier and more controlled eyeliner, especially along the waterline, use a compact mirror when applying."
- "For the everyday person, it's about inserting a pastel but not going crazy, choose one color rather than multiple shades."
- "Use a darker shade of powder at the back of the face to make cheekbones pop and give the look of a subtle spring tan."
- "Natural tones don't always have to be brown, you can play with a pastel and still look natural."
- MAC Eyeshadow Bamboo (use over a concealer)
- MAC Eyeshadow Vapour
- MAC Eyeshadow Beautiful Iris
- MAC Eyeshadow Folie (add to the corners of the eyes to deepen the look)
- MAC 'Haute & Naughty Lash' Mascara
- MAC Chromographic Pencil in NC15/NW20 (along the waterline of the eyes to brighten the eye color)
- MAC Face & Body Foundation
- MAC Select Cover Up
- MAC 'Fantasy of Flowers - Mineralize' Skinfinish
- MAC Cremeblend Blush Posey(looks very natural and close to the skin)
- Finish the look with Fix+ (nourishes the skin and calms down the red, also settles in the makeup and hydrates the skin)
— Tres Chic Now (@TresChicNow) March 21, 2014